About MMA Fight Prep
Most fighters have a BJJ coach.
Most fighters have a striking coach.
Some fighters even have a wrestling coach.
Most fighters and strength and conditioning coaches who train fighters use the Internet or YouTube for their strength and conditioning.
See the problem?
Don’t worry, we are here to help!
MMAFightPrep.com is is your no-BS guide on how to properly execute strength and conditioning programs for mixed martial artists who are training for MMA fights.
Our goal is to educate fighters, as well as other strength and conditioning coaches who train fighters, about how to safely and effectively prepare to step into the cage.
We will also provide guidance on how strength and conditioning coaches can collaborate with MMA coaches to develop the proper combination of strength and conditioning and mixed martial arts training for each fighter. This not only prepares fighters better, but helps prevent over reaching and over training.
- Evaluation – How to assess and address weaknesses and imbalances in fighters
- Mobility – How to move without restriction to greatly increase your MMA skills
- Stability- How to properly address reflexive stability, bracing, joint stability as well as how to properly use feed forward techniques for strength
- Strength- How to perform the basic, fundamental exercises in strength training and how to progress and regress each exercise
- Energy system development – How to properly condition your fighters
- Recovery – How to address fatigue, nutrition, soft tissue management, sleep, breathing and more to increase performance and decrease injuries
Take our advice, overpower your opponent, and never gas out again!
About Mike Perry
Mike is the founder and co-owner of Skill of Strength, a performance-based training facility located in Chelmsford, MA. Throughout his ten-plus years as a Strength and Conditioning Coach Mike Perry has trained clients of all ages and abilities, including elite athletes represented in the UFC, NCAA, NFL, MLB, MLS, Bellator MMA, CES MMA and several other New England MMA promotions.
In addition to his work at Skill of Strength, Mike is also a Team Leader at StrongFirst, the leader in kettlebell training, barbell training and bodyweight training. StrongFirst is a school of strength that has a proven record with professional athletes, elite military and law enforcement operators—as well as people from all walks of life who have decided to be weak no more.
Mike recently accepted a position as an assistant instructor with Functional Movement Systems (FMS).
Mike currently holds the following certifications:
- National Strength and Conditioning Association – Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT)
- StrongFirst Senior Instructor – * Kettlebell instructor
- Strongfirst Barbell Instructor (SFL)
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach (USA-W)
- USA Track and Field Coach (USATF)
- Certified Kettlebell Functional Movement Specialist (CK-FMS)
Mike currently offers personal training, program design and his MMA Fight Prep training at Skill of Strength. He is also available to teach barbell and kettlebell workshops.